here is a picture of my lca. is it a uniball? the middle moves around in a circular motion. can you tell me where they might of bought the control arm? i pretty sure i have a re lift kit, so i'm going to check their site now. is the small screw you can see on the bottom of the control arm an adjustment screw, or what? thanks :popcorn:http://

thanks, i just went to their site, and it looks enough like it that i emailed them a pic, asked them, also how to adjust it. i'm going to pull the arm off an see what kind of bushing it is, in front. looks like a rubber bushing. i love my mj, and the stuff it came with, but i need to find out what they did. however, its better then buying all these great parts. :banana:

you know----------- on this jeep the guy paid for all this trick stuff, but as i've found over and over again, parts are missing, or put on backwards or upside down. so if your sure i'll change them around. the upper arms are ok. pretty hard to screw them up, i guess. thanks for the info. :D

That arm is designed to allow more axle droop before it binds in the lca mount on the axletube. It will look like it's on upside-down until you see it droop out.

I don't know about replacement rubber bushings(I need one for my TJ's RE lca right now) but I do know RE sells a special wrench to snug up the poly bushing cups in the super-flex joint. It's a good tool to have. Wish I had one.

I just looked at RE's website(trolling for lift kits) & they show all the replacement bushings(large & small) as well as tools. RE is good stuff & they seem to stand behind their stuff. I have their 6.5" longarm kit on my TJ & it works great.

You can adjust like Dirty said but they sell a tool that is very expensive and would be easy to make for what it is. Also the rebuild kits are cheap and replace the spacers inside the joint. If you havent had it long and it hasnt been out of adjustment long you may just be able to tighten it up. The guyts last awhile on them. Hope that helps you guys.

Cole

they appear to be mounted right, bushing at the axle end, superflex joint at the frame I'm 98% sure is how my brothers are too.

Trust me... Reguardless of how anyone else has mounted them, that pic shows them mounted backwards.

CW

If I remember correctly, the LOWER control arms use the superflex joints at the axle end, but the UPPER arms have the superflex joint at the frame end(since the axle houses the bushings on the uca's).

I see how someone could assume both upper & lower are mounted the same.

this is i think the way CW was saying they should be mounted... straight off the RE instructions

11. Install the lower control arms with the rubber bushing at the frame (use factory bolt at this end, and don’t fully tighten until vehicle is back on the ground). The super-flex assembly bolts to axle bracket with supplied hardware. The offset tube is to be located as low as possible, with zerk fitting on top (SEE PHOTO 1).

12. Install the new upper control arms using supplied hardware at axle end and factory bolt at frame end (don’t fully tighten until vehicle is back on the ground).

the upper arms are ok, but the lower ones are reversed. i going to replace the rubber bushings because they have many cracks. i'll check the adjustment of the superflex when they are off. thanks again guys! comancheB.gif

Here is a pic of the axle end of a RE lower control arm:

Notice the offsett entrance of the bar where it attaches to the bushing housing. This is done for additional clearance with the lower shock perch. The axle end is centered on the bushing housing as there is no clearance issues there.

Here is another pic, the ends on the left are the axle side, with the offsett.

Here is a pic of the CA's attached:

CW

ya- mine are none adjustable but otherwise thats what they look like.http://

i took them off and turned them around.

need bushings, but needed vehicle worse, so will order them later.

thanks again :jump: