Blower Motor Resistor location??

Hey Guys, its been awhile since ive said much but the Blower motor in my 88 went out the other day, and ive got the feeling its the resistor, on the 88 Models is this resistor located behind the coolent Resevior under the hood or elsewhere, i havent got the answer yet and would hate to be looking in the complete wrong area....thanks for any help 8)

It's inside the cab. Look under the dash beneath the glovebox for where the blower housing is. There will be a long, flat 4 wire connector plugged into the housing. The connector is plugged into the resistor.

HTH,

Jeff

Usually (but not always) when the resistors burn out the fan will still work on high (which bypasses the resistors but the electricity still goes through the resistor module). You'll need like a 7 or 8mm socket/wrench with remove the pack and then at the very least you should be able to test for voltage. I once had my fan lock up and it blew the fuse. I eventually figured out what happened when I stuck a screwdriver though to the fan blades and pushed them. Did your fuse blow?

Also, just a word of caution, when the resistors are working, they get very VERY hot. Like set-paper-towel-on-fire hot. :eek: