Another stalling thread.

My truck has been stalling for years. I have had so many other things to fix on it, that i haven't spent much time on it yet. My symptom is it doesn't stall when it is cold. Once it is warm, i will start it, run it a short while like down my driveway and when i press the clutch, it dies.
Then i will start it and it will not die again unless i turn it off for a few minutes. Then if it sits a few mi utes and i start it will die 1 time like described above. Then won't die again. Same way every time. I just bypassed the egr the other day and had no effect. Will probably hook it back up. In the past i have bypassed the fuel pump regulator. Replaced the whole throttle body and iac with one from my previous donor xj since it was laying around. None have had any effect.

I had a similar problem a few months ago. After going thru Cruiser's tips with no luck he suggested that it might be the ICM. Unfortunately their is no way to test it unless you have the special tester. So I went to the junk yard and got one for about 5 bucks. As a new one was expensive and I didn't know for sure if that was the problem. Hope this helps.

My truck has been stalling for years. I have had so many other things to fix on it, that i haven't spent much time on it yet. My symptom is it doesn't stall when it is cold. Once it is warm, i will start it, run it a short while like down my driveway and when i press the clutch, it dies.Then i will start it and it will not die again unless i turn it off for a few minutes. Then if it sits a few mi utes and i start it will die 1 time like described above. Then won't die again. Same way every time. I just bypassed the egr the other day and had no effect. Will probably hook it back up. In the past i have bypassed the fuel pump regulator. Replaced the whole throttle body and iac with one from my previous donor xj since it was laying around. None have had any effect.

this is the EXACT problem I've been dealing with for the past few months. Definetely following this. I've changed literally almost everything.

My truck has been stalling for years. I have had so many other things to fix on it, that i haven't spent much time on it yet. My symptom is it doesn't stall when it is cold. Once it is warm, i will start it, run it a short while like down my driveway and when i press the clutch, it dies.

Then i will start it and it will not die again unless i turn it off for a few minutes. Then if it sits a few mi utes and i start it will die 1 time like described above. Then won't die again. Same way every time. I just bypassed the egr the other day and had no effect. Will probably hook it back up. In the past i have bypassed the fuel pump regulator. Replaced the whole throttle body and iac with one from my previous donor xj since it was laying around. None have had any effect.

What year?

Cruiser, somehow I knew that was coming. :)

Have not had time to really diagnose it yet. The things i have done so far were kind of while i am doing this, i will try that. Like the egr i unhooked while i was bypassing the rear brake prop valve. I will do those sometime in the future.