Overhead Center Console

I'm planning on redoing my headliner and so I figured while I'm at it why no add an overhead center console!!! Right! My question comes after searching for the right one to use and not finding what I want. Have any of the members placed or installed an overhead console on their sweet loved Comanches? If you have or thought about it please share your ideas, info and or pictures, please, please, please.

Here are some requirements I would like:

Temperature and compass, maybe even a clock all must be digital. 

I thought of placing an XJ Classic overhead console but not sure if it will fit as it appears kinda long.

Chevrolet has nice ones but don't have the digital needs.

Fords look too roundish and I fear loss of symmetric and aesthetic compliance to the original feel of the cab.  

The Jimmy's have a nice one too that resembles the XJ but again, it might be too long.

HELP!

I used the factory brackets from the XJ.  As far as cutting, I kind of guessed at the angle after taking some loose measurements.  For the rear portion, the bracket is bolted to the ceiling support beam and the "legs" of the bracket poke through the head liner.  I'll see if I can take better pictures.

Ran across a o/h console from a 93 XJ last weekend that "looked" longer than the one in the picture.  So Question for onlyinajeep726:  Did you cut the length of the console?

I have seen DIY articles on installing the long o/h console in the MJ, but that involved cutting the length and trimming the angle to fit the MJ roof line.  If you only trimmed the angle to fit the roof line - this is a much easier process.  And it would be a SUPER DIY post.  Hint, hint.

I just cut the end off at the angle shown.  Nothing fancier than that.  It was close enough to the head liner, as in, there isn't a noticeable gap between the console and head liner, so I left that alone.  I like the added storage and the compass/ambient temperature was nice (when it worked haha).

I just cut the end off at the angle shown.  Nothing fancier than that.  It was close enough to the head liner, as in, there isn't a noticeable gap between the console and head liner, so I left that alone.  I like the added storage and the compass/ambient temperature was nice (when it worked haha).

OK.  I see the cut off now.  So you have a bare/open end right now?  Do you have any distance measurements to duplicate your cut?

Again, many thanks for your pictures.