Jump to content

Can someone tell me what this thing is?

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the quick reply. I would never had guessed that. It had a smoked plastic cover on it that quickly fell apart without much coaxing. I slid out the piece that was left behind and scratched my head as to what it was. Thanks again for the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey All!


Recent CC joinee here, and I thought I would piggy-back on this topic. I've driving a 91' for about a decade now. Runs great but is suffering from the dreaded rot. I thought I would start identifying and pricing parts to replace those that are flaking off as I drive down the road. I am having a devil of a time identifying the square panels on either side of the cowl between the hood and the windshield.  I would post a pic, but I haven't quite figured out how yet.  Any help would be most welcome...Thanks!




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually that is a separate body piece as shown in the diagram below, part number 1, (55028143). It's spot-welded it. I doubt you will ever find a new one though.



EDIT: The part number has been changed to 55175386AB. This part looks like it's still available from several sources for around $200. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...