CPS issue

A few weeks ago I was leaving work and the ole Comanche wouldn't start, unplugged the cps, replugged it in and cranked right up. Went about a week running fine and then it happened again. So I replaced the cps, this time ran 2 weeks just fine and now it's doing it again. Surely the new one can't be bad already!? I'm not sure where to go from here.

It could very well be bad the junk sensors the parts stores sell are just that junk. My TPS lasted about 2 months it was from advance  put a napa one in and no good right from the box it fell apart not enuf glue on it. Mopar is $$ but thats what it will be from now on. Read some reviews on line on these junk sensors.

A few weeks ago I was leaving work and the ole Comanche wouldn't start, unplugged the cps, replugged it in and cranked right up. Went about a week running fine and then it happened again. So I replaced the cps, this time ran 2 weeks just fine and now it's doing it again. Surely the new one can't be bad already!? I'm not sure where to go from here.

Yes, the new one could be bad. It's an electrical part, and it's not uncommon for such to be bad out of the box.

88 huh? Click on my link below and do posts 1 through 5, and you should probably do 27 in place of 2.

Test the CPS per post 7 if you're up to it.