e brake

get under the truck with two crescant wrenches (or the right size ones...i'm too lazy and don't remember the size)

then go directly behind the t-case and look up. there's a junction of 3 cables, one front and two rear

loosen the retainer nut on the one front one, then tighten the other nut until you get the desired effect.

this requires much crawling around, pushing the pedal, cursing, getting back under, repeat.

tighten retainer nut

call it a day

pull of your tires and make sure that your rear shoes are properly adjusted first you might as well do it right. you should feel a slight drag on the drum from your shoes when u turn it by hand. then adjust the cable by the tcase

on my 90 MJ the adjusting nuts are 13mm and yes you should make sure you adjust the shoes in the drum brakes first.

2X

Check this out -

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

Make sure your rear brake shoes are adjusted FIRST!!

You might not even need to adjust the equalizer after you adjust the rear shoes. ;)

And make sure the cables are free and moving correctly.

I might add that, unless you got the rear off the ground and supported by jackstands there is no easy way to tell if the parking break is actually holding your tires. After adjustment, just try to turn the tires by hand, like really try hard. I found this a lot easier then working on a hill and having to keep the truck in gear during adjustment, then take it out for a test, then repeat everything. It definitely takes a couple tries.

If you need to replace anything in the ebrake system, I would go to Napa. Very reasonable prices and the parts fit like oem.

If you have a Haynes Manual the procedure for adjusting the ebrake is in Chapter 9 (page 16), Section 13.