Stupid exhaust.

I'm kicking myself now. I mounted it pretty high when I re-did it last time. But, not high enough...

Anyways, is there any decent header to tranny (cross-over) pipe kits out there? Ya know, a couple straight peices and some bends that a guy can tack together how he wants? Cheap would be good too... Although, I probably don't have time to order one.

Or should I buy some more tubing and bend another one myself? Maybe put a flex coupling (cost like $50) immediatly after the header and then solid mount the thing to the inside of the frame after the crossover? It isn't mounted to the tranny mount as is, it kinda flops around under the truck. But it is solid mounted to the cab after the flex coupling in the rear. But, that was so the stack would be solid mounted - and not hit the cab.

Pic for those that are unframiliar.

Image Not Found

Alternatively I can probably cut about 3-4" out from under the stack in the rear (the clearances get weird) and just bottle jack the whole mess back up and weld it back together. It might be easiest but I'm not conviced it'll work. I think I might really crack the already cracked header.

Oh, how close can I get it to the floor before the carpet goes up in smoke? It's tight now, but I'll be putting it about 1/2" off the floor. It will be a confined area - full belly skid is going on!

Depends what you mean. I actually have a longer exhaust system than on a stock truck, I think. Well, it's close either way. Because it runs under the cab and then up the back to the roof line.

The key to having an exhaust system make power is maintaining low end scavenging and yet allow there to be enough flow for high rpm usage. Mine seemed to work alright as it was with just the stock crushed downpipe and a cherry bomb, then the long tail.

Right now I cut the mess off right at the downpipe. So, it doesn't work worth anything. I need to break out the bender, but it turns out I don't have enough left over tube right now. Basically I'm pretty PO'd with the whole thing and don't feel like fixing it yet.

I have my exhaust about the same off the floor bopeard on Pong, and it works ok for poor mans heat :D I don't have carpet so I don't know about it starting tto smoke.

Do like I did for an exhaust and run it underneath, using a glasspack and a turn down. Cheap and easy to fix or remove