"jeepers"

Oddmodman

So there's this guy I know that is another member of my church. He reminds me of C-3PO SO much it's sad. Anyhow, he's had a couple new Jeeps. He was telling me today that when he had his Liberty he was trying to ford a creek and hydrolocked his engine. In the middle of this story he's like, "Yeah, it's nice I don't have to dumb down my words for you; you know Jeeps." - (Referring to having hydrolocked his engine). So I was thinking, "Well that was stupid; don't you know where the intake is on it...??" He goes on to say how now that he has his new Patriot, it needs at least a two-inch lift, and asked what I would charge for installing it since he knows all I do is wrench on my stuff all day. Telling him idk what's out there for it and I'd have to research it, I asked him if he wanted the lift to put bigger tires under it, and he replies, "Well it's already got 18"s on it so I don't know how much bigger I want to get." OMG I almost physically  :doh: . Some people think just because the vehicle they drive says JEEP on it, they're a wheeler by default...  :dunce:  :USAflag:  :teehee:

Stupid is as stupid does.

I own liberties....lifted and not...and I would have walked away at "tried to fjord a river".

That.....well, do not get involved. Tell him no. Anyone with the money to be that dumb and buy a new vehicle will be first to point fingers at you if he does something wrong.

In case anyone actually does this:

The only lift of any worth for an '11-up  Patriot that I am aware of is the Rocky-Road lift: http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-patriot-lift-kit.html

While I am not usually a fan of this company their kit was used by Mopar on a factory show Jeep. With their lift you can run up to a 30" tire with the proper rim. You may need to pound the pinch weld in the wheel well flat for some combos. This is fairly common in Liberties, as well. 

You can order a lift from CRDSTU and have it shipped from Australia but it will run about $800 and only get you 1" of lift on a newer 4x4 Patriot as they sit taller from the factory than the earlier models.

Well thank you that means I won't have to do any research  :thumbsup: ; mostly I was just remarking upon his stupidity, especially for thinking bigger rims are bigger tires. I'll tell him about the lift, chances are he won't get it. I wouldn't know if I'd want to install it anyway for JeepcoMJ's reasons.