Is it possible for a bad injector to fri the electronic control module/unit? I recently changed injectors,ran the truck about 400 mi.In a two day time span,truck ran great.On the third day first start-up ,rough idle. #5 not firing.Pulled the plug ,cleand the plug, replaced the plug.Ran the truck 40mi.while driving the truck started missing on 1 or 2 cylinders for about 2mi.then it shut-down.would not restart,wanted to but no.key-on fuelpump pressured-up then pressure droped,would not hold.I pulled the fuel-rail with the injectors attached,#5 injector was leaking fuel.blew out the injector, replaced everthing.Injectors would not fire.Traced everything back to the ECM/ECU.pulled the unit,Opened the unit found something like a double-stack diode cooked.Anyone ever have this prob?

I had the same issue on my old XJ, I put In some LT1 injectors. A few hundred miles later I lost a cylinder, traced it back to the ECU were I found the transistor that I'm guessing pulsed the injector on the dead hole had let the smoke out.

I put in a new ECU and a fresh set of bosch yellow tops and never had another issue.

I did not try to find the missing cylinder as of yet,Everything happend late sunday on my way back to the valley for work on monday.After the 88 ECM instal,and start-up, when it was still missing the time was 2am.I called it quits for for now.Trying to get info for the next round this weekend or relay info to the son-in- law.He can work on it when he has time.Thanks for your time & info :bowdown: 

• 3 weeks later...