Jump to content

Question Regarding An 88 2.5L

Recommended Posts

I am working on my 88 Pioneer with a 2.5L 4 spd.  I am trying to figure out what the hose that goes in at the back of the valve cover is called.  I found one on line called a crankcase breather tube, but it only listed as being good for 4.0L.  I can't get this beast running until I find one.  HELP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Check #22 and see if that helps.

That's for a 4.0 though. Dang. Napa carries that stuff but it's hidden in an obscure place in their paper parts book. 


Have the guy at Napa find the ones in the book for the 4.0 listed in #22 and see if you can identify yours on the same page. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would help to have a photo, but I suspect you are referring to the PCV hose. The 2.5L engine used an actual PCV valve, unlike the 4.0L that used a small CCV line that didn't have a one-way check valve ball in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...