Should I get another Jeep?

ORCA

So it's been awhile since i lasted posted, and it feels good to be back. :cheers:

Anyway, a friend of mine offered me her jeep for really cheap (only 400 bucks!). It's a 88-89 4x4 I6 5-speed XJ with a factory sunroof! It needs a new exhaust (i happen to have a spare system off another cherokee..) But has brand new tires. Engine runs well but has over 200,000 miles. :brows:

I wouldn't be able to pay insurance/registration for both trucks, so my MJ would be the dedicated offroad toy. jamminz.gif

What do ya'll think? I really could use a more practical daily driver. I would only worry that the truck might take a dump on me in about a year and i'd be in the same position i'm in now. :roll:

Personally, I liked the MJ as a DD better. I don't need more seating, and seem to spend a lot of time hauling stuff that could only be described as 'crap'.

As it is, in the back of my cherokee I have the seat folded down to make space for the spare tire, my stump chains, 4 boxes of stuff to go to the dump, my tool-boxes (in case I decided to hit the boneyard). The carpet is now a greasy, dirty mess. And I'm always afraid I'll roll it and have all the stuff in the back hit me in the head...

Had I not destoryed the cab, bed, and unibody on my MJ I would very well consider restomodding it and DDing it, and wheeling my XJ. Okay, maybe I'd not wheel the XJ. But the point is the MJ did really well on the street for me.

I bought another Jeep (90 MJ) with the expressed purpose of making it the DD and so the 88 would forever more be my offroad toy. I think it's a good plan. :thumbsup: But I would still recommend keeping your MJ street registered if at all possible. In my neck of the woods it makes all the difference in the world when dealing with the cops about that hunk of rust that never seems to move. :D She's licensed and registered and on private property. jamminz.gif