6x9 speakers in rear?

OK i ddi sound systems before the military and have doen this to a MJ but not mine cause it didnt please me to much..

You can buy thin boxes and mount them in the panels but make sure you buy speakers with thin depth as said before. Also the panels need to be more secure or what we done was cut the panel just right so there was a 1/4" gap around the inclosure and it didnt rattle to bad unless it was alot of bass. Next to mount we used a bracket to the floor so it didnt run screws out the side3 of the cab. they were on each side of the box (toward the front and rear of truck) and were made of shelf type L-Brackets.

The BAD: the box is so small that the sound could be distorted easy due to it not being appr. size for the speaker. I took and normal box you would use for a 6x9 and mounted them to the floor instead of panels to fix this cause the sound was everything for me.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions let me know.

Cole

Yes, my dad made them fit easily by making a 3/4" thick spacer ring and angling the speaker in the panel to clear the seat belt retractor.

Go to projects (i think about three pages back) and check out my pics at the end are the stereo installation pics and the subwoofer has been changed to pioneer's new 10" shallow mount in a small box facing forward between the buckets seats it really kicks now. In the future I think I'm going to add some speakers in an overhead console position just to make sure I go completely deaf as well as adding some marine speakers in the bed under my tool box so I don't have to open the doors at the beach.

They don't get muddy sounding at all?

mine? they sound fine, but if you're lookin for pro quality audio idk if a manche is the place for it ;) i usually can't hear much with the radio off :brows:

I'm looking for more sound out of mine. The 12" behind the passenger seat hits hard, but I want a second one behind the driver seat, so just my front set of 6x9s isn't gonna be enough.

I've got crystal clear sound now, I just need more volume.

They don't get muddy sounding at all?

mine? they sound fine, but if you're lookin for pro quality audio idk if a manche is the place for it ;) i usually can't hear much with the radio off :brows:

I'm looking for more sound out of mine. The 12" behind the passenger seat hits hard, but I want a second one behind the driver seat, so just my front set of 6x9s isn't gonna be enough.

I've got crystal clear sound now, I just need more volume.

thats all i have is the 2 behind the buckets, sounds great. nice volume too, never would want to turn the stereo above 26/35

but I'm not sure how it would be if you have a bench, that might block more sound. sounds like from the way you worded that you have buckets too in which case i say go for it.

EDIT: in the back of this volvo (bro's first car) yuo can see the 6x9s I'm talking about, the two little grey boxes to each side.

551696_8_full.jpg

and here one is up close with the remote tweeter removed.

551696_9.jpg

I've got some nice 6" pioneers squeezed into my doors (appears stock), a sony xplod cd head unit, sony xplod 600 watt amp, xplod 800 watt 10" sub in half-finished box, and had no rear speakers until this thread gave me the itch...

so I ripped out the non-working 6x4's from the b-pillars and put these kenwood 4"? door speakers in.

n69205416_31767312_3365.jpg

enough for me, sounds great I think.

but I'm not sure how it would be if you have a bench, that might block more sound. sounds like from the way you worded that you have buckets too in which case i say go for it.

I have a bench, but the sub is offset to one side.

I'll prob try it out.

Anyone with a bench run speakers back there?

Jeepco, nice motivation you have!

haha, yeah...what sucks about it is that my brother just gave me a pair of brand new 4x6 pioneers that match my front ones...he bought them for his porsche but they're too thick or something...

all that work for nothing! haha

haha, yeah...what sucks about it is that my brother just gave me a pair of brand new 4x6 pioneers that match my front ones...he bought them for his porsche but they're too thick or something...

all that work for nothing! haha

bought them for his what?

you can't drop names without pics too. post em up!