2009 Wk Srt

Well because I can't talk about my comanche.... because I don't own one yet..... I figured I'd talk about the other Jeep I have!

The SRT has the 6.1L Hemi from Dodge. It's rated around 420HP to the crank. It's currently around 450 to the crank. Assume a 20% drivetrain loss to the AWD system and you can go from there.

It's got way too many mods to list, lowered, custom brakes, 22" wheels, custom hood, custom stereo, ported intake, tune, blah blah blah and blah.

My best 1/4 mile run so far is 12.65 @109MPH in my 4,800LB grocery getter!

In about a month, it'll have a 2.4L whipple supercharger on it. It'll be at 8 LBS of boost into an HHP stage 2R blower cam. Hoping for around 500-520 to the wheels. That should be.... fun! ha!

The entire project has been done by me and my buddies in various shops. Wherever we can get someone to let us on the lift!

(The blue billet is going to be removed when i do the whipple install.... i know... it's ugly)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working on getting a picture of both jeeps together.

I hide the SRT from the snow, it's so dang horrible when traction gets bad, I just leave it all winter.

Well, it's still a Jeep, the battery is flat dead. $200 I won't be seeing anytime soon! (UGH)

Indeed, these SRT8 Grands are a HOOT!  We love our '12. 

First mods were to get rid of the run flat Pirelli's (rode like absolute @$$ on the streets) and bought Yokohama Parada Spec X.  BIG improvement!   Then took it to the muffler shop to have them do a resonator delete.  Sounds SO much better!

LOL.  My dad had a KILLER '70 Road Runner GTX with the 440+6 and 4 speed.  I totally get the iron fist....... but that thing was FAR from being accurately compared to being in a velvet glove.....  That thing was a beast and a handful to drive.  Was actually kind of exhausting after an afternoon of throttle romps and cruising around town.   Fun as hell though.........

Ha, i get the feeling. The jeep's had some upgrades over the past few years. I upgraded the shift solenoids in the transmission (mostly to protect it from it's own torque) and that leads to hard up and down shifts. The tune, intake, exhaust, etc make the jeep act like a caged animal. Even a little blip on the pedal puts you at 60MPH. The issue with muscle car power in a big-@ss SUV is that you get to speed just as fast, but then you're behind the wheel of a 3,800LB battering ram. Much like the old land-yacht-muscle cars.

Especially right now in the cold, the tires are hard and the NA 6.1L V8 LOVES this cold. It'll break the tires loose if you look at the gas pedal funny.

I like it...if you see a white mj reving next to you it's me being an idiot ha

Against my better judgement I sat in the white one they had up at the PA jeep show 2 years ago and just spaced out for about 30 seconds

Definately my first choice if/when I ever spring for a newer vehicle