my first project

I'm new to this web site but i like what i see.

I'm building a 87 mj. its a 2wd. i bought it with a lift on it already. a couple monthe later the tranny seized. thus how i started my project.

I have a 81 3/4 ton chevy to use for parts. it has a 350 with a sm465 behind it. a light duty 14 bolt in the rear and a 10 bolt up front. i wanna swap both axles but don't know how to do the front. i'm swaping the whole drive train in.

so i kinda need help on the front. What angle do i put it at? how should i run the steering? building a new 4 link suspension. so if anyone could help i'd appreciate it. thanks.

Since you've basically got a ton of questions, I bumped you over to the tech forum. That way all the answers will be there later for when people use the search feature. As your project progress, then you can post up pics and notes in the Projects forum.

And welcome! :waving:

There are several ways to try this build... the front suspension is going to be tricky, You can do a leaf spring set-up... In that case see Dirty comanche's build, You can do a custom 4 link, Dig deep and do lots of research, Or you can buy a kit from a manufacturer that will re-use the stock jeep style suspension, and all you do is weld on brackets. DC all ready pointed out that the LP front axle might cause caster issues, which might mean you will have to do a cut and turn on your knuckles.

As for the engine setup... you are going to have to make your own brackets, cause Advance adapters stuff is set up for a drivers drop t-case, and moves the motor over 1" to the passanger side, since you are runnning a Chevy drivetrain, you won't have that extra inch on the Passenger side.

Do lots of research and then do some more. I would not attempt this swap with at least 1500 bucks cash and the ability not to drive said vehicle for 2 months, and that is if you have everything you think you will need