track bars

I'm thinkin about rockkrawler, jks, or rubicon express. not sure if i like the heim joint on the rock krawler one though. I'm at 5.5 inches and want to be able to eventually go a little higher 7.5 at max. will be running short arms for a while maybe with drop brackets.

looking for opinions. :cheers:

I also have had and seen many many different setups.

IMHO, the KEVIN's Track bar conversion is about the best. It changed the problem prone frame end to a WJ style bushing.

JKS would get second. BTW the Kevin's is very very close to the JKS product.

CW

comancheman, my son has Kevin's setup on his XJ and it is a really solid, well built track bar. He (Kevins) has JKS custom make track bars for his system. He also credited us about $35 for sending our old mounting bracket to him which lowered the final cost!

I like the Kevins bar but for the price... $189 msrp and about $160 from vendors like DC4WD... you can get the RK bar and bracket. It may not be the most liked on the market but... it will do the job very well without ever giving you a problem.

frontaxle1.jpg

my 2 cents.

I have used the RE HD trac bar and mount on all my rigs that I have built, and Have had zero issues. As every one knows I am easy on my stuff :shake:

I read the lil article, I want to know how the bar broke.... I didnt read anything about real world testing, just comparisons. Also it appears that you used the lighter duty part and compared it to the only part RK offered

I think that the design limitations were exceeded by some means for that trac bar to break. More then likely over stuffing the suspension, or over flexing.

It might just be me as well, but the RE TB is much cheaper if ordered from a different vender then what you can get it from on their site.

I ended up with it because it came with my brothers 4.5" kit. He caouldn't use it, as he's gone over the axle with the trackbar and his steering. SO I got it cheap.

Other than the single shear mounting it seemed like it was solid.

I was just expressing my experience with the RE budget bar. I'm sure the HD piece is much nicer.

The prices for both were the suggested retail for both. The RK bar can be had even cheaper than what was listed on that page too.

I don't think the bar was over stressed by over flexing or anything. It was just used on one fairly tame trail ride.

It isn't meant to be a study of the strengths and weaknesses of either it is just a side by side comparison of the track bars listed.

Take it for what it is. Everyone has an opinion and personal experiences. I just chose to voice mine because I spent my hard earned money on a part that was supposed to hold up and folded when I used it.

You get what you pay for....some of us have gone the cheeper rout and have found money better spent by either waiting (saving) or bitting the bullet and spending a bit more.

If it a street rig or mostly a street rig I would stay away from hiems. I didnt listen tio this advice at first either...cost me more than 200 cause less than a year later I ended up buying what I should have in the first place!!!

The best advice I can give is buy the best you can aford or wait a bit longer and save to get the better model.

If you look you will notice a trend toward the JKS stuff. Its for a good reason its quality. I feel the Kevins is better as it is a improvement on the JKS principal. Someone else mentioned this, I forgot. With Kevins he will buy back your factory bracket reducing your out of pocket.

Go here and read what he has to say...shoot him a email. I think you will find its your best avenue.

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/tbconversion.html

CW