Question about my lift

I lifted my comanche about 7" 4.5 spring over axle and a tired 3" add a leaf

I dropped the cross memeber 1 inch, is that enough to decrease the pitch of the drive shaft so i don't burn out joints left and right or should I shorten my drive shaft and put in a CV joint to also help with the pitch

THANKS

To answer your question depends on what your pinion angle is in relation to your t-case output angle Also in order to run a CV driveshaft you have to lengthen your driveshaft, not shorten it. Your pinion angle should be withing 2* (max) of your outpet angle. This hould ensure a vibration free rear shaft.

Patrick

• 4 weeks later...

You can't install a CV driveshaft with the stock slipyoke on the back of the transfer case. You'll need to either have your driveshaft lengthened slightly, or install a slipyoke eliminator kit (SYE) and run the CV driveshaft.

With the SYE, you'll have to remove the TC drop and make sure the rear axle pinion is pointing directly at the TC output.

I'm running a SOA in the rear with the stock driveshaft, no TC drop and no vibes or other problems. The shaft does stick out of the transfer case 1" further than when it was stock, so I'll take care of that before this jeep goes offroad.