another por 15 ?

my driver side floor is pretty rusty. i wire brushed it and primed and painted it just to seal it for now but ther are a few small holes that i can see light shining through. I'm guessing i will have to strip all the paint off wich is no big deal but what else will i have to do inorder to seal my floors and make them nice and solid. i guess my question is what products should i buy from por 15 and how much of them. is it a one step process or is their multiple steps? ive read about silver por 15 for rusty surfaces. where do i start?

Adding pics is real easy once you get the hang of it. First you need to host them at another site like Comanche Club Image Hosting. Follow their instructions to upload your pics and then get the picture's internet address. Then copy that addy and go to the forums. You can add them into your post by pasting the address, then highlight it, then click on the IMG tag. Then the picture should appear in your post. :-)

I herd you can brush on por15 lay down fiberglass mat and brush more over the mat just enough to get it soaked and when it dries its hard as a rock. it should do a good job filling over pin holes

actually you could even use newspaper, or masking tape. this way you won't have a raised rough surface like with fibermat. and just for pinholes this is what they recommend doing. only use the fibermat for larger holes.

Alex

yup anything that will absorb will work w/ por 15. if you really wanted it to be super water tight, coat over it w/ a coat of fiberglass resin just lik your fiberglassin but w/ out the matt. it will make it water tite and fill any other pinholes you mite have missed.

maybe, depends on how thinck you like to put it on. id get a quart, so if you wana do sumthin else, youll have plenty :D

yea that, and you better get silver for self leveling on rust. smooths right out and fills it in good. the others tend to conform to the rust unless u put it on thick. plus you want to do a few thin layers, one think one will take longer to dry and allow more dust and stuff to settle into it, which isnt that good.

Alex

well i already ordered the starter pack. if i need more ill get it, theres no rush. and by silver u mean in color right, theres not like a special por15 silver. i just got the starter pack and picked silver for the color

yep, silver color. there should be like black, gray, silver, and maybe another black. but you want silver for really bad rust. it has ground aluminum in it to fill more and add more strength.

Alex