Whats a fair price?

speed_racer

I have a D60 from a 69 F100 (rear axle, center) complete with brakes, perches, yada yada, been sandblaster and coated...

And a HP D44 from a 79 Bronco, with knuckles, brakes, shafts, gears (stock), you name it.....

WHat would be fair for a quick sale of these axles?

I know little about axles when it comes to cast wedges and all that. Its straight out of a bronco, stripped, n coated... still have radius arms n coils to be exact.

The rear he said something about it came from a kingpen set... i have no idea

You still havent really shot me a figure.

From what Ive heard the 79 Bronco D44 is highly desirable for Jeeps, and thats actualy whats going in my MJ.

And the pics... in a few days.. picking these up tonight from the guy

it really depends on the area. I know that a D60, full float, 30 spline around here will fetch $500, even if it's in poor condition. A good condition one, maybe $750

THe 44, well, like I said, that depends on whether it has the cast wedges or the weld on wedges. ones with the weld ones, $2-300 is fair around here.

Most people won't deal with the ones that have the cast wedges, but I've seen them go for $50-100.

The cast wedge D44s aren't worth anything to a jeep guy. Unless you want to run ford radius arms (somebody does that - Pete!) Or retube it - which is going to cost a couple times the worth of the axle.

78-79 are cast wedge.

Unless it is not that year and looks like this:

Image Not Found

You can see the axle tube extends through the wedges, and they are really just small wedges that are welded on.

The rear axle is a dime a dozen, I have 2 of them in my garage now :eek: Depending on the ratio, and the spline count dictates the price. 4.10 and 35 spline runs about 2-300 around me. For the front, a useable d44 with cast wedges around the same, 200. If it has the welded on wedges pre-77 it will more then likely have drums and be worth the same 200, but if converted to discs it can fetch 3-500 depending on condition and gearing.

The pick apart charges 125 with core for axles... just a heads up