e-brake cables for 6" lift

I gotta imagine they will work. Mostly I'm guessing that because it doesn't come up very often. Mine never worked since I bought the truck so I removed the whole system and someday I'll find someway to adapt an XJ pull handle to the Ford 9". Someday. If worse comes to worst, you should be able to fabricate a spacer to put between the ebrake cable braket and the bed so it drops the assembly down some. I know I can get Bronco cables from the store, don't know about MJs.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Here's an idea:

Get a longer cable that runs from the cab back to that nice little bracket thing where the cables that run to each brake are located. If you have a short bed, I believe the long bed cable is at least 6" longer - do not hold me to this, I can't remember and don't feel like crawling under the 86 right now. Move said bracket as far back as possible. Connect up stock lines that run to each brake (for whatever axle you have) and you should be good to go. Or you could get the cherokee style handle pull if you have a console, and probbaly the cherokee cables... I think they use a different bracket though.

Just an idea.

Oh yeah, and I think stock cables are plenty long anyways, mine seemed to be going all over the place before they got to that little bracket.