Center console

Yes, with out a problem, direct fit over the shifter and 4x handle.

Only problem is the ash tray in the back of the console, not easy to reach and where the emergence brake handle "was" but that can be fitted for the drink holder. ;)

i have an XJ center console that will be going in my MJ when i finish my brackets on the seats...I'm gunna have to modify mine a bit cuz it too long and the shifters won't work....mine must be slightly different but who knows lol :headpop:

i have an XJ center console that will be going in my MJ when i finish my brackets on the seats...I'm gunna have to modify mine a bit cuz it too long and the shifters won't work....mine must be slightly different but who knows lol :headpop:

It's not too long. You have to swap out the bottom of the heaterbox to the one that's meant for the console, or trim the front edges and keep the comanche one. I GUARANTEE it will fit if you have a cherokee heaterbox bottom, they only ever made the small center console or the full one, no variations unless yours is not out of a cherokee xj at all or is from a newer cherokee.

• 2 weeks later...
It's not too long. You have to swap out the bottom of the heaterbox to the one that's meant for the console, or trim the front edges and keep the comanche one. I GUARANTEE it will fit if you have a cherokee heaterbox bottom, they only ever made the small center console or the full one, no variations unless yours is not out of a cherokee xj at all or is from a newer cherokee.

Good idea to fab a block-off plate and pop rivet it on to block the heater box discharge port under the console. This forces the heat out the side vents up front. Otherwise most of your heat goes under the console and is useless.