Anybody In Denver?

mjtjnj

I'm out here on business for a couple of weeks, and I was toying with the idea of buying a cheap vehicle, to use while here, rather than get crushed with car rental rates.  I'm looking at a Comanche (of course), a Dodge Rampage, and a 1980 Toyota King Cab Pickup.

When it's time to go, I thought maybe I'd drive the vehicle home, if it was that roadworthy, but I don't think I'm going to have enough days to get it back to NJ (1800miles).  What I was wondering was if anyone with some land could help me out.  I'm planning on flying back out in July for a visit, then driving it back, taking my time.  Can anyone help a travelling member out, and babysit another Comanche (or other vehicle)?  OR does anyone want to buy another Comanche (or a King Cab)???

Here's the Comanche I'm looking at:  http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3807739997.html.  My budget is about a grand, so I think this one, since it's not running right, could be had for that. 

Any thoughts would be cool.  Storage is a very expensive option; even the Rampage would need a 15' deep storage unit, and they're a couple hundred bucks a month. 

Thanks

Tom

I'm in Denver...but unfortunately have no room for an additional vehicle. The neighbors (and city) have more than an eye on how many jeeps are here on a regular basis 4 drivers in the family and 5 jeeps + my wife's subaru.

We have no garage and only 2 spots not on the street to park. You might broaden your search by intentionally misspelling comanche on craigs...try 2 M's   just sayin.

Best of luck on your search for the right truck. Good ones regularly pop up around here (especially if you can bump your budget to around $ 1500.00) any cheaper (and running) than that you will have to wrestle Jim in Pueblo .....

or my buddy Troy  yellaheep for it. 

Thanks for the thoughts.  I have a friend who lives in an apartment in Capital Hill, I just don't know how long I could park it in front of his place, with a fictitious plate, and no insurance.  Wouldn't want it to get impounded.  Pueblo is too far from the airport to ask Jim, but if Troy's a big buyer, maybe he's the man!

You're right, he said it won't pass emissions.  When I asked him if it could be driven into Denver, he said "I could drive it there for you."  Sounds like it's really running badly.  It's a 2.8L, so I wouldn't be a buyer in that case.  Yeah, $3500 is out of my range.  If that's a $3500 Comanche, mine is $5000!  :thumbsup:

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the really kind offer.  I would take you up on it, I just don't know how I'd get back to the airport when it was time to go.  Are you near Pueblo at all?  That's where the Rampage is.  I've always wanted a Rampage.

Sorry, no "budget" MJ's at this time. 

Yeah, stay away from those '86 MJ's....... yuk. 

That '88 up north could be a decent buy.

I'd also say that Jim would be your best bet for long term storage if you had to go that way...... his corral is always full of MJ's.... what's one more?  :D

My old 86 was the best Comanche I owned!

I was going to head up to Littleton to look at an 86 Datsun pickup that sounded cool.

Jim is awesome for offering, I just can't be 2 hours from the airport, I don't have a way back!

No, search Datsun LWB on craigslist. Pretty resigned to renting a car for a day here and there, since I'm only here for another week. Went to Colorado Mtn Brewery yesterday for dinner. Cool lace with good beer if you're on your way to pikes peak.