How Do You Post Pics?

tleed

How do you post pics? I've looked vainly for instructions and I can't find any buttons on any pages that tell me how to post pics. I've found plenty of buttons, but none for pics, unless I just don't recognize that's what they are.

Stupid question #2:

All of my pics are on my laptop hard drive. I've never put them on a website somewhere. So the idea is that I need to find some website somewhere and upload pics to THAT site, and then post links on HERE to THAT site?

Ok, I get that. Any recommendations for a free, user-friendly site for that sort of thing? I see a reference to PhotoBucket in the directions your link referred me to. Is that the best such place? Are there others?

Stupid question #2: All of my pics are on my laptop hard drive. I've never put them on a website somewhere. So the idea is that I need to find some website somewhere and upload pics to THAT site, and then post links on HERE to THAT site? Ok, I get that. Any recommendations for a free, user-friendly site for that sort of thing? I see a reference to PhotoBucket in the directions your link referred me to. Is that the best such place? Are there others?

Use imgur, make an account, upload pictures, and it will even give you the code to copy and paste.

imgur.com

I second the imgur recommendation. It's basic, easy to use, and it hasn't changed much at all in terms of how it stores pictures, unlike a bunch of other hosts that have changed things and result in a bunch of dead photos in older posts. There's even a basic editing feature, but I rarely use it. Also, the free accounts aren't needed, but I'd recommend getting one so you can keep track of what you've uploaded.

Also, you might find this helpful, if a bit overwhelming...

http://comancheclub.com/topic/38265-how-to-make-your-posts-look-awesome-pics-links-videos-etc/