Hey guys!, 

So I have a slight problem with my truck, the other day i was leaving school and got in my comanche ready to head home when i turned the key and (insert sound of 4.0 liter trying to start but not quite getting there here.) and i said to myself no problem, i have been having some throttle body issues so some starting fluid should do the trick, and just like any owner of a 20+ year old truck should have in their emergency kit, i had some. so i popped the hood and sprayed some in and tried to firer her up again. it still did not start but this time was really close. It had never not started after a little starting fluid so i was a little concerned, but i tried for another 10 minutes at it or so, it still didn't start.  At this point having no tools i needed to call in back up, so i called a family member and told him to bring the tools. When he got to the truck we went through all the basic stuff (plugs, electrical lines, throttle body sensors) but came up empty handed, and then my cousin said to me "can you hear the fuel pump come on when you turn the key?" and sure enough when i turned the key i didn't hear anything. So naturally at this point we concluded that it was a fuel pump and i would have to change it in the school parking lot the following week. Later that weekend my dad and i went out to the truck and he told me to try and start it, it started right up and i was able to drive it home. Has this happened to anyone else or am i just the weird one out. In these situations i would have rather it had not started in the parking lot with my dad because at least then you know what you are dealing with. Now there are a lot of unknown variables, and i don't want this to happen again. 

Thanks, Peter

Also check do a fuel pressure test, as well as a normal check for spark from the coil.  May want to take a close look at your main grounding strap going from the head to the firewall, and the ground behind the driver's side tail light for the fuel pump.