Cracked Door Pin Receiver Thing

I just noticed these cracks today on my drivers door pin receiver thing, has anybody encountered this before? Not really sure how to go about fixing it without cutting it out and welding new steel in. Any ideas? 944164_860856739097_469596132_n.jpg

It's usually the hinge area on the driver's door that cracks. I've never seen the patch post break like that.

Welding is the only proper way to fix something like that, IMHO.

my driver side door is like that. it was that way when i bought it so i can't tell you how it happened. i welded up a few cracks on mine but not long after more appeared around those welded. of course ive never really looked into the problem of what might be causing it in the first place..

Thanks for the feedback. My drivers door has been saggin a bit since I bought it a couple months ago, I've been trying to lift it up as I close it but I'm not sure if the PO was just slamming it, so that might've been what caused it. I've got a welder and I'm comfortable using it so I'll go that route soon to fix it. I'll see what I can do to reinforce that area a bit as well. I need to reinforce the hinge itself as well anyway

Think how much mass that striker must be absorbing, the weight of the door plus how hard it is being slammed,

I do not think you should weld the striker area until the door hinge alignment issue is fixed.

If you weld it without fixing the hinge at the same time...fixin it next time might not be so easy.

Fixin somethin that has been "fixed" already sucks because if the right job is done right the first time,

then there won't be another "fix" of the same or related problem.

Look at the door repair that I did on the Chief, fixed it right the first time, done deal.

Anyone know if there is a way to replace the hinge pins if there worn I see kits but there 97 up Cherokee?

Just replace the whole hinge.

Not sure,  but I think back door ones from an XJ will fit, they usually have little wear because of being in the back.