I've never done business with them but I went to junior high and high school with the owner. Jason Bunch is a good guy, (if he's still the owner). He'll make things right if there's a problem.

Google his name and look at what he did with a 2.5 TJ. I'm liking his 9 pound inertia ring that bolts to the back of a 2.5's flywheel.

I'm liking his 9 pound inertia ring that bolts to the back of a 2.5's flywheel.

That's on the MJ wish list for me. One of these days I'm gonna get around to that, more than likely when I pull the tranny next.

Jeff

the flywheel stores a considerable amount of energy, so it makes it much harder to stall your rig.

the downside is that your motor doesn't rev as fast, and that it now has to support the inertia ring.

the upside is you can rock crawl and not worry about stalling the little guy.

and the 2.5 needs all the help it can get. It's not so much an issue on a 6 or 8 cylinder, because the power pulses are more tightly spaced, but on a 4 you only get it every 90 degrees. The inertia ring helps carry the momentum of the crank between cylinder ignitions.

Jeff

and the 2.5 needs all the help it can get. It's not so much an issue on a 6 or 8 cylinder, because the power pulses are more tightly spaced, but on a 4 you only get it every 90 degrees. The inertia ring helps carry the momentum of the crank between cylinder ignitions.

Jeff

Actually, Jeff, it's one pulse in 180 degrees. Don't forget it's a 4-cycle engine. The crank is set up with pairs of pistons 180 degrees opposed -- when 2 are up, 2 are down. When 2 are up, one is firing and the other is pushing exhaust.

yep, my fingers typed faster than my grey matter instructed :oops:

But, I can sit here on the couch with the wife watching Jeopardy! and pull obscure facts straight out of my rectum, stuff that I learned back in GRADE school for gawd sakes, without flinching :nuts:

I'm getting old....

;)

Jeff