A Pillar Replacement

2 ways to do it. Remove the paint from the top and bottom of the post. Find the spot welds and cut them Replace the whole post. Or, Very carefully measure the damaged section. Cut it out Weld in the replacement. If you're good you can cut the replacement for a perfect fit. I always cut it 1/8 to 1/4 over and trim it to fit.

2 ways to do it. Remove the paint from the top and bottom of the post. Find the spot welds and cut them Replace the whole post. Or, Very carefully measure the damaged section. Cut it out Weld in the replacement. If you're good you can cut the replacement for a perfect fit. I always cut it 1/8 to 1/4 over and trim it to fit.

Thank you! the whole pillar is damaged pretty badly from the PO. He smashed it in. Could you tell me in what areas are the spot welds? It sounds like it may be the better option for me.

Oh. Well I'm not planning on doing it for a month or so, so I have time to think. Are there any pictures or details on doing the splicing or spot welds? I can cut and weld and have a donor. What all is involved?