Dual / 2 Stage Electric Fans: Ftpiercecrackers Easy Way.

After much searching i have finally found a simple way to run two electric fans without needing a hard switch in the dash or an expensive auxilary fan controller. 

Your first step actually is to follow Hornbrod's fan installation guide   http://comancheclub.com/topic/7895-dual-oem-aux-fan-installation/?hl=electric+fans  

Once, your second fan is intalled, visit this link  <<  http://rodneydickman.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=234  >>  and buy the 200/210 switch   You will also need one of these <<  http://rodneydickman.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=94  >>  

I got mine from NAPA, same price when shipping is added on.

To make this work you will need an HO thermostat housing, a relay and socket, and an OEM electric fan, all are EXTREMELY easy to find at the junkyard.

Relay setup,         Left is for stock E-fan                       Right is for new E-fan

Switch installed

Image Not Found

How the fan looks installed, yes i know about the wire nuts, don't follow my example.     :thwak:  

Image Not Found

Close up of the clearance, this is with hex head bolts, no washers/lock washers

Image Not Found

Spacer needed for 2nd electric fan, i made mine.

Image Not Found

Relay wiring diagram, i choose my 12v to be hot 100% of the time so that the fan will continue to run even with the key off until the temp has dropped enough.

Image Not Found

I know I am a little short on details, so if you have any questions about this install don't hesitate to PM me. 

Also, i think this setup would work even better if a lower reading sensor for the factory fan where to be installed as well.  I have tested my system with only the factory fan plugged in and it kicks on at roughly 230 and back off at 210, way to long to wait for backup if the first fan can't handle the heat.  There are a TON of these switches out there and i will probably be adding one shortly.

Nicely done. Simple enough I should be able to figure it out. I had duel setup but with rubber monts they will fex and bite ahold of the fan in front there even on steep climbs those nuts would touch tha fan and it eventually wrecked my fan. Looking to mount a fan on the grill side and make it a pusher fan. Then have a pusher and puller out on the trail and should be a better way to move the air without worry about flexing into moving parts. Lol

Once factory motor mounts wear out the engine flexes more and going down hill or up hill the drivtrain twist and hits thangs up front. Freason I first did this mod I did it cause the clutch fan tore a hole in my raditor. Brown Dog mounts or simlular help with that issue. But more for extreme measures as feel more vibes being poly vs rubber.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 years later...