It's growing...It's growing... :o)

BLHTAZ

Did some work on the Jeep this week :D . 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Ride kit, which actually yielded about 5.5" of lift 8) . It is a little stiff with the AAL's, but it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I am going to order some Metric Ton rear leaf springs to replace them soon though ;) 8) .

Before...

MJ3.JPG

MJ2.JPG

After...

Lift1.JPG

Lift2.JPG

Looks awesome Brent, I tell ya', these MJ leafs flex sooo nice stock, have you considered an SOA with extended perches and stock packs? I'd bet it'd perform amazing....
Hey Keith... SOA would not work for me with this one as it is too much lift. This kit already came out a little higher than what we wanted, but it will settle a bit, so it should be OK. This is not going to be a trail machine. We are building it for looks and to be a spare daily driver if the YJ breaks or my truck is down for some reason. ;) Tina drives the MJ if it is raining so she doesn't have to drive the YJ and get wet going to work as we keep the top off of it all the time now.

first of all, that looks kick @$$. its the exact lift i was going to get, and with your pictures now, i am defently going to pick it up, just got the price on one today. is there anything you had to buy (other than shocks) that didnt come with the kit? and the AAL gave you the right amount of lift by the looks of it.

i was afraid that i would have to re-arch the rear springs so it would sit level, because i know that RE always under-rate their lift height.

thanks for making up my mind jamminz.gif

EDIT: this is the XJ lift kit isnt it?

Yes, the AAL did give the right amount of lift to level it, but remember...it is a bit stiff.

The kit comes with lower control arms. I bought the uppers and the adjustable track bar from RE and I bought some ProComp ES9000 shocks locally here.

what backspacing do your wheels have? any rubbing?

that is the XJ 3.5" lift isnt it?

BS on these wheels is 3.75 with no rubbing, and yes, it is the XJ kit. Sorry I forgot to answer that earlier, but I am trying to sneak and do this at work ;) .

• 2 weeks later...
you used a xj lift right? if so did you use the xj aal?

i am looking into getting the same lift and wondering if the xj aal works with the mj spring pack

Rich

Yes...XJ kit, but no, I swapped the AAL for the longer one. It was about the same length as the main leaf...minus the eyes of course. As Pete said, it will go in, but you will be sitting about 1" - 1.5" low in the rear.

It's really not a terrible ride, but I know it would have no flex if I were to want to use it off road.