86' Mj Hinge Pin/roll Pin Removal

So I'm in the process of swapping on 97+ doors. And the door hinge is kinda worn out, not pulling from the body but the actual hole the pin goes in. Anyone know any other way to get the pins out besides a BFH and some penetrating oil? And then once I get them out, what can I put back in? I know they sell pin kits but it's for later model Cherokees. Thanks in advance

First soak with penetrating oil. Try to tap it out using a punch a hair smaller than the hole. This won't work because of the worn spot on the pin but try it anyway, just so you can say you tried. After giving up with that method get a drill bit a hair smaller than the pin hole.Now try drilling the pin out. After a good start the bit will jamb in the pin and jerk the drill out of your hands, giving your wrists a good whack as it spins around. Loosen the chuck and release the bit from the chuck. Say to h*ll with it and use it the way it is. Ask me how I know.

Huh? howd you squeeze them? Ive been pounding mine all day with no sign of budging...course 20+ years of crap getting in I'm sure doesnt help.

I'm soaking them in penetrating oil over night, just gotta find my burnzomatic tip and a canister and I'm gonna BBQ those suckers tomorrow

X2 on channel locks.....hold them upside down and put the bottom jaw (which really is the "top" jaw) on the bottom of the pin. Put the other jaw on the metal piece that the pin fits in and squeeze. The pin will pop up, but not the whole way out. Use needle nose to remove completely. Install is reverse of removal, sans the needle nose.