Windshield Washer Upgrade?.

my 87 has the the stock washer system still in place, I recently replaced the washer pump and am not real happy with the results. I blew the hoses out with compressed air to make sure they were clear

Is there something that I can change or swap to give it a better spray, has anyone tried something. Is there a stronger pump or maybe changing the nozzles on the cowl?

By biggest complaint is that at freeway speed hitting the wash button, the water barely makes it above the wipers at the rest position.

IMHO that has always been a strong point on Cherokee's and Comanche's and I have owned 5 different ones. You hit the washer button and those nozzles cover every square inch of windshield with fluid. It is hard to say, could be pump or nozzle. I would pick up a couple of nozzles at the junk yard and see if they are any different. I have never looked real close at the nozzles, not sure how they get such a wide dispersed spray pattern. Now I'm getting curious, I will have to pull one off and look at it under magnification.

Funny, the spray from my washer tank almost always clears the top piece of windshield trim. I have to wait 4-5 seconds for it to trickle back down onto the windshield. Any guesses as to why it's like that? Or is that how it's supposed to be? :dunno:

Nozzles are calcified. Put some vinegar in the fluid reservoir or just replace/clean the nozzles.

Unless hes got a heated garage I wouldnt do that. Everything near the lake freezes in a matter of mins up there.

yup freezes, garage is not heated or insulated, wifees ZJ stays in there, the old mj is outside with a oil pan heater and a battery warmer,

I never knew what weeks of freezing temps do, tried to clean the wifes zj one afternoon, leather cleaner, armor all, both frozen. oh well, go back inside to the fire and irish coffee.

back on topic, anyone know if the cowl covers can interchange between the renix era and chrysler era xj's???

local JY has a nice 96 cherokee that Ive been picking parts off, no renix era jeeps. I found new crysler era nozzels online but no renix era ones