Well Hi

Mylesofsmyles

New to the Comanche World, but not to Jeeps

I had a bad experience with my last Jeep, a 92 Cherokee 2 door, 4 cylinder with a manual transmission. It was falling to pieces when I got it and the motor failed within six weeks of getting it. Parents had a 93 Grand Cherokee with 5.2l and it was a beast

I love XJs but really need a truck to bring projects and parts home

As I wrap up my Swedish Powered projects, I'm starting my hunt for a SWB Comanche with automatic transmission, 4x4 and a 4 cylinder engine.

Using some old Swedish parts, I want to transplant a Turbo Intercooled 2.3l Volvo Redblock

For now, the goal is a straight dry roller, to fit with lockers, 2" lift, 31" tires and Bilstein shocks

Just thought I'd say hi

Cheers,

Myles

Hello Myles and welcome!

Putting a turbo Brick motor in a MJ sounds like fun. If it were me, the route I would go is to take the Volvo engine and 2wd transmission and put it in a 2wd SWB MJ, then do some lowering and tightening of the suspension.

I loved my three 2-series' that I had [88 244, 86 and 90 245s]... indestructible and so easy to work on. Never did find a black 262 to drop a V8 in to like I had hoped, but someday...

Hello Myles and welcome!

Putting a turbo Brick motor in a MJ sounds like fun. If it were me, the route I would go is to take the Volvo engine and 2wd transmission and put it in a 2wd SWB MJ, then do some lowering and tightening of the suspension.

I loved my three 2-series' that I had [88 244, 86 and 90 245s]... indestructible and so easy to work on. Never did find a black 262 to drop a V8 in to like I had hoped, but someday...

Mehhh, I've got something like that already....my 1985 245 turbo Intercooler, which I've got setup with stiffer overload suspension, Borg Warner t5 and EFI. If I'm getting a truck, it's 4wd

The Volvo bell housings should interchange with the Aisin automatics