"best" Tune-Up Brands

Once upon a time, I found a list with the best brands to go for when doing a tune-up. Did a search on here, and could not find the list. Does anybody have a link handy, or wanna give me a run-down on what works better than others for the tune-up items? I'm used to running pretty much Bosch everything because my old VW thrived off of them.

Gracias.

Anything but Fram for the oil filter.

You're choice of Spark plugs.

Wires, cap, and rotor I usually go for the least expensive stuff; don't need the expensive sets.

Oil; also depends on your preference. Everyone has their own opinion about it.

Most everything except for the oil filter is personal preference.

My opinion is:

Purolator PureOne PL30001 (extra capacity) oil filter

FSM specified Champion RC12LYC plugs

OEM rotor and cap

Belden wires

Chevron Techron every 10 or so tanks of fuel

Bosch used to be good stuff back when it actually came

from Germany, but now I think they come from venezuela

or one of those other bananna countries and I've seen oil

filters bad in the box.

As a fellow Volkswagener, I think it's a shame Mann doesn't make oil filters for everything. I used to buy them by the crate.

Also, I'm disappointed to hear that Bosch has gone down market. I'm also used to buying Bosch everything!

As a fellow Volkswagener, I think it's a shame Mann doesn't make oil filters for everything. I used to buy them by the crate.

Also, I'm disappointed to hear that Bosch has gone down market. I'm also used to buying Bosch everything!

As many problems as I had with my old Jetta (Practically everything under the hood was replaced at least once), I miss that thing like crazy. Hoping to save up the cash here soon to start on an old diesel for commuting and so I can really work on my 'manche. :thumbsup:

Wix, Napa Gold, or Mopar for the oil filter. Fram isn't the only POS filter out there.

NGK plugs, Belden wires, premium cap and rotor from Napa. One stop has it all.

and WATCH for driveworks by advance auto parts ,its a house brand made china -Very bad !!!seen two engine go the early grave because of failures ....

and WATCH for driveworks by advance auto parts ,its a house brand made china -Very bad !!!seen two engine go the early grave because of failures ....

Apparently Driveworks is the owner of the Purolator brand. Purolator is a pretty good brand, IMO. Used a couple Driveworks products with no negative results; so I can't say that they're entirely bad. Then again, find 5 mass produced parts store products still made in the USA.