Suprise under the carpet!!

So i finally got my lazy rear in the garage to finish pulling the carpet out, which was the last of the interior that got pulled a year ago. Well i got the passenger side up and there was only two dime sized holes in the floor. I was quite excited about this, so i proceded on to the drivers side and boy i got a surprise. The floor from the front seat mount bolts to right before the pedals came right up with the carpet :shock: Not cool. So now i gotta fawk around with that before i start on the cage. Oh well, anybody got any tips besides just welding in some 18-20 gauge to fix it? Thanks derek

i had a similar thing hapen with my old malibu. i just bent up some old sheet metal from a shelfing unit i "took" apart. rustolem-ed the floor and sheet metal and rivited it in place worked real well wasnt pretty but redneck engineering at its best.

BTW, we didn't weld any metal in. We got some good body shop glue, in the tube, that we gooped :roll: on the patch panels. Used a few rivets to hold in place till it dryed. The excess that squeezed out helped sealed the joint from any future moisture- hopefully.

Same thing on mine too, Fred Flintstone-mobile :D Plus, the rust had started eating out the tranny tunnel under the seat where it met the floor. I cut some pieces of good floor out of a junkyard MJ, and added a sheet of 22 ga steel from Lowe's and instead of riveting, I used 1/8" sheet metal screws ('bout a zillion of them). I used commercial flashing sealant to "glue" the pieces in, then zipped them in with the screws. I blasted the underside with 2 cans of undercoating, and used spray on bedliner inside to do the entire floor.

Not something I ever want to do again, fer sure!

Jeff