Dern Foglights

So, finally got some spiffy chrome foglights today :yes: and even started to wire everything up. My problem is that they're on the outer holes (foglights on the inner holes seem... off, to me, at least) and I can't seem to get to the driver's side hole to put the nut on. Is there some easier way to get this one on; aside from simply removing the bumper?

Removed driver's side horn, and the bug guard bracket to worm my arm behind the bumper bracket; can barely get a socket with some extensions on the light. Just the joys of working on a Jeep I s'pose :shake:

I'm assuming since you mention "bug guard" that you mean the lower cowl, air dam, yada yada. Mine has been gone for so long I don't even consider it. Have you tried a box end wrench, or an open end? Can you fit your hand in there? You could remove the "bug guard" and re-install it. I mean if you're dead set on the outer hole (I prefer the wider look also) you might have to get a bit more creative.

Just pull the bumper, it's only four bolts. I had the same issue and went that route.

Just curious if there was some easier way to do it with the bumper on. I was trying to avoid pulling it out of lazines :shake: but I guess I will. Isn't the bumper secured on by the large, Torx-head bolts? :hmm:

I've changed out fog lamps many times with no problems using a universal joint, extension, and socket from underneath. It's tight, but isn't hard. Pulling the bumper can be a bear if the Torx bolts are rusted badly. One time I remember just loosened them up so I could tilt the bottom of the bumper forward a bit to get a little more room.