D30 ??'s

Hey guys,

I aquired an HPd30 from a YJ in a trade a while back and was gonna just sell it off, but no takers. So I got to looking at this thing and its got some parts I'd like to use. here's my questions....

1. It has the larger ujoints can I use these shafts in my MJ?

2. Has the newer style calipers can I use them or will I have to swap the whole knuckle?

3. Will draglink and tierod work on my MJ if I do the hi steer mod?

also has 4.10 gear set which I'm planning on swapping into my HPd30

Any and all advice or suggestions will be appreciated!

I agree... seems like you would be swapping everything, which would be more work and much more time than just swapping the axle.

Also, setting up gears to begin with is difficult and expensive... and it's never a good idea to put used gears into a different housing.

Are you sure it has big joints? Not all 95 YJs had them and being 4.10 geared I would think its even less likely to have them.

You would have to swap the whole knuckle for the brakes,the newer ones the brackets are cast in rather then bolt on so they can't be swapped and the calipers won't fit your brackets.

The steering can be swapped I have YJ steering on my MJ,all I did was lengthen the drag link. you can't just flip the steering for high steer. The trac bar mount is in the way,you would have to do a complete high steer conversion.

I'm guessing since you want to use Yj parts you still have a CAD axle,I personally would hold out for some one piece shafts with big joints or just swap in a later XJ axle without the CAD.

LOL been trying to sell it ... I'm gonna tear this thing down and see what all it has, the gears are not stock PO had them put in and visually the shafts are the larger ujoints. it would be nice if he replaced those when he regeared didnt ask much about the axle when I got it b/c I wasnt planning on keeping it. I'm gonna take what I can and scrap the rest or keep for spares Thanks for the info