No Bleeder On External Slave

So, I'm wrapping up my conversion to external slave, with the upgraded stainless braided line,

and it just dawned on me that I have no way to bleed the system. The external slave (from 94

XJ) has no bleed fitting. I know that replacements are often sold as a sealed system (slave,

line, master) that is pre-bled. Even if I custom plumb a bleeder where the line connects to

the slave, the slave itself will not get bled. I've searched around the forum and haven't seen

this issue addressed. Any ideas?

They are real easy to bleed.

1. Hook up the master, line, and slave, but leave slave hanging under the truck.

2. Fill master.

3. Remove the plastic transportation straps from the slave.

4. Hold the slave vertically and manually operate the slave by pushing the rod in and out.

5. Keep an eye on the fluid level in the master and keep it topped off.

6. Replace plastic transportation straps on the slave and install it in the bell.

7. Clutch should be good to go :)

Thanks!

Pete, I scrutinized the slave (1994) hoping for any port to bleed from but no joy.

87Warrior I like your idea! Even though my slave is used and has no transport

straps I think this will work. The idea, I think, is that the slave piston will push

the air up and through the master while drawing fluid into itself. May take a bunch

of strokes, but those are free. I'll have my trusty helper (wife) monitor the

fluid level in the reservoir.

They are real easy to bleed.

1. Hook up the master, line, and slave, but leave slave hanging under the truck.

2. Fill master.

3. Remove the plastic transportation straps from the slave.

4. Hold the slave vertically and manually operate the slave by pushing the rod in and out.

5. Keep an eye on the fluid level in the master and keep it topped off.

6. Replace plastic transportation straps on the slave and install it in the bell.

7. Clutch should be good to go :)

10000% :agree: external slaves are absolute cake to bleed, did it for the first time a couple of days ago at about 2:30 in the morning.