Wrangler Hood,grill And Fenders On Mj ???

I actually think the JK width might be your best bet but I think the body lines would look horrendous. If you park an MJ nose to nose with a TJ or YJ you'll notice that the MJ is a bit wider in front of the wheels where the JK is fat all the way forwards. The YJ would probably be your best bet in terms of matching the angular body style though. Regardless, this is going to be a ridiculously long and tough project with a lot of fabrication.

was there a website for who did this?

Not sure... I think I found the images on NAXJA several years ago so there may be more information there. Do a deep search of NAXJA (use google) and you may find some supporting text.

As far as the technical side of it... cut/weld/cut/weld... it's not a big deal. There's not much more to say about it other than what the images show.

so poking around for possible photoshop'ed pictures of your idea I came across this..

jeepj8.jpg

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2010/06/report-jeep-investigating-compact-pickup.html

Is that basically what you're looking for as your final goal? Did you think about maybe trying a KK, WJ, or WK swap instead, give you a different front end look, with a possibility for an easier fit?

Comanche aficionado i do think that the JK width would work best. the jk does not narrow as much in the front compared to the rear of the hood. like all of the other wrangler/cjs do.

the typical wrangler has a fender then a flare. where the JK has a flare/fender.

looking at Comanche fan photo of the JK made into truck (J8) THE body lines from tailgate all the way to the midway the front fender appear to be flat. which the would be close to the body line of a non modified MJ.

it will be a lot of test fitting cutting welding and filling. but i think the JK is the way to go.

http://www.cherokeef...19792/index155/

if you look on here. there is cherokee parked next to a JK.

you can see how the xj is wider at the front of the hood but the width near the rear of the hood is pretty close.

taking rough measurements from the photo.

the jk hood at the front is as wide as where the crease is on each side of the hood on the xj where the rise is.

the rear of the JK hood is shorter they line up where the aftermarket lights are on the this xj.

so about 3-5 inches on each side in the rear.

and 5-7 inches on each side in the front.

i have pulled off the hood and fenders on an XJ i have owned. and i know there is at least that much room in the front. and close to that much in the rear.

it will really just be a matter of getting the hood to sit where i want it. then getting the grill to fit.

once hood and grill are in place i will just have to build a fender/flare.

so i am on a ship right now and the internet sucks.

i was able to find this

this guy took a CJ grill and made it fit on xj fenders and hood.

i was thinking more hood and grill. possibly fenders or just custom fenders.

that is all i can find

129102370862304033.jpg