Disc Conversion

I first want to thank you for this web site. The information I've found here is priceless. I couldn't be doing what I'm doing to my MJ without this site and everyone's guidance.

I need guidance on my disc brake conversion for my '88 MJ. Its an 8.25 from a '98 Cherokee with disc brakes from a '94 Grand Cherokee......

In my pick and pulling of parts, I failed to get the vin number off the '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee donor. It never dawned on me to get that information...... Now I don't know what pads I can use for the back......... Whats with this "to Chassis Vin 358321" or "from Chassis Vin 358321" stuff for choosing disc pads? I know they're dimensionally different with the first Vin pads being 5-33/64lg x .201 plate while the second Vin pads is 5.64lg x .197 plate. Its not much difference but does it really matter which set of pads I use? God bless him, but I know the counter jockey at the local parts store won't be able to help me.

I plan on posting pics of my progress in the coming months.

Thanks for the help!

The Grand Cherokee rear disc brakes changed partway through the 94 model year. Take your old pads with you to the store and match them up. Then depending on which ones they are, next time tell them either 1993 or 1995.

I get a majority of my parts from RockAuto and thats why I'm trying to pin-point the exact pads. The rotors they have are cheaper than anywhere around here so I thought I'd get rotors and pads at the same time........ The donor jeep isn't in the yard anymore or else I'd go get the vin.