Looking To Buy A Sye W/ Drive Shaft. I Need Suggestions

I have a 1988 mj 4.0/4x4/auto short wheel base. Its lifted at about 7.5 inches in the back and 4.5 in the front from the previous owner. I plan on putting a long arm kit on it this December and leveling it out. The PO got a custom drive shaft made but is still not long enough. Now the Tail housing seal of the transfer-case is leaking badly, after I just put the new Iron man 4x4 motor mounts and transmission mount in along with a cooling system and a bunch of other stuff. I'm all about Fixing stuff right the first time and overdoing it if I can. I want to go ahead and put a SYE since I am at that boarder line height with a SWB mj that I need it. I'm also going to go with a new drive shaft. I was looking a Rusty's SYE kit. It includes the advance adapter SYE and a Tom woods Drive-shaft for $480.00 Is this a good deal. point me in the right direction on who to buy from. I want the best quality for the cheapest I can get ( but then again isnt everybody). I do not want to lower the mj, that has been suggested before, It is a beach truck with mild wheeling and muding done. I'm just going to level it out at 7.5 inches.

Here are some pictures of the truck. Drive Shaft and the tail housing leak

Drive shaft.

Tail housing leak:

Here is the truck

Last question. Could I resale the old drive shaft??? I think that it would be exactly right for a 4.5 inch lift (don't know measurements though, that what I'm guessing). If I could sell it on here what would be a fair price?

Tom Woods makes a great driveshaft, especially for those of us who drive our rigs everyday. I hear good things about Coast and HAD as well. I have been very happy with the TW shaft on my Rubi for the last 7 years. I have had it rebuilt/rebalanced once by TW. On the same rig, my stock front shaft is getting real sloppy and I plan to buy a TW to replace it.

Tom Wood also sells SYE's:

www.4xshaft.com

I have no comment on the Rustys stuff as I am not familiar with it.

Selling a used custom driveshaft can be a challenge. You will just have to post it for sale with the dimensions and hope for the best.

That could end up being the correct length for mine at 5.5" lift height. I will have to see once I lift the rear end and get the drive train installed.

Well it might just be your lucky day. I'll be looking to sell my at a very fair price I just don't know what a fair price is for them haha. I will have measurements Monday when I measure for the new drive shaft.

Man I'd take those long shackles off the back, seems like the SOA went too high. Easy fix.

You can get a new output shaft seal and that should solve the leak, the front slip does seem like its pulled downward on the seal because of the lift. It also looks like there's not a lot of travel left in the slip. I'd dump the long shackles, then get a TJ front slip yoke they're longer. That should bring the drive shaft back to a better angle and solve your leak problems until you get a SYE.