Shifter Boots

I'm finishing floor repairs on my 88 MJ and will soon be ready to put the interior back in.

Before I put in the carpet, etc. I want to replace the shifter boots and it looks like my truck has three boots.

There is a round shifter boot mounted directly on the transmission shifter. I think that one is the boot Quadratec sells as PN 52109.02. Is that right?

Then there is a round/oval boot with a rubber covered mounting flange screwed to the cab floor. Anybody know a brand/part number for that one?

Finally, there is the rectangular, accordian pleated boot that fits in the console.

The first two in my truck are torn and dry rotted. The one for the console looks okay.

I've looked at Omix-Ada boots but can't find any dimensions to determine if they could be made to fit with a little persuasion (redneck engineering).

Does anyone have OEM or aftermarket part numbers and sources for these boots?

Yes, I know photos would help and I'll try to post some this weekend.

Not sure that one for the wrangler would work. It has that notch in it and also the hole is off center. Id be worried it would split pretty easy because of that. I could be wrong though.

Fit perfectly on my 89. Screw holes even lined up. He's got a 4.0 too.

I bought the same boot for the TJ from my local dealer. It fits fine. I had bend it to get the curve correct, but holes lined up.

The one from Team Cherokee was not correct. It was 1/2" to large, did not have the notch cut for the 4wd lever, and the holes did not line up.

Image Not Found

Thanks, guys. That helps a lot.

harley4579 - the boot from Team Grand Cherokee labeled for Cherokee and Comanche 84-96 is the only one of mine that's still in one piece. I think the PO may have tried to replace it to keep the noise, exhaust and dust out of the cab.

skidoo_j and CPA Tim - thanks for the info and photo on the Quadratec 52106.3 boot for the floor. I'm curious what the dealer cost was. cpa tim - I think your boot was in worse shape than mine is.

Now if I can get some dimensions and info on the Quadratec 52109.2 to confirm that it is or isn't the one that fits on the shifter tower on the transmission I can maybe get this puppy back together.

I paid $26.50, before tax...but I did have to pay for shipping. Also, if it was not the correct part, I did not have to pay for shipping to return it (Thanks, Team Cherokee :rant: I am still owed a credit.)