rocker panel source?

Here is a company i was considering, but if you look at their rocker panel it doesnt look right :???: http://c2cfabrication.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=1_21_38&products_id=16124

This is not mine, but for all intents and purposes its exactly the same.

Image Not Found

The red arrows mark where the "new" rocker panel seems to be cut off flat, and the blue arrows mark where the "notch" seems to be cut out, maybe its all just my imagination, but I would like to buy a replacement rocker for the DRIVER side.

The one in the link is good heavy metal and priced right but a VERY POOR fit the factorys are tapered the CTC ones are not. I just put a set of the CTC current on and the front edge was off at least a inch. I had the flanges rebent now there off about 3/8. There really made to go over the old ones but I cut mine all out. If I could go back I would order die stamped cherokee rockers and cut the lenght to fit. I could post some pics if you want I am no pro and this was my first set by myself.

Shermans sells CTC parts from what I could tell. I just bought a Taurus rocker from shermans and it was a CTC again however I never did put it on. Somewhere on here there is some pics of another guys CTC rocker being installed by a body shop I will try to find it Thursday and get you some pics. CTC service is fine I would have asked to return mine but they were bought a couple years ago it took me that long to get around to putting them on.

ya cause i am curious as to how much work it is going to take to make it work. Honestly, some one should write a letter to the company or somthing cause if the fit is as bad as what you guys are sayin, they shouldnt be allowed to maket it as a jeep comanche part, just my honest opinion. :dunno:

I don't know who makes them, but I bought a set of XJ rockers from JC Whitney some time ago and never used them. I gave them to a friend for his Comanche and he found the same thing -- the new rockers were bent such that the sit too far out at the front.

I'm fairly certain all the discount body parts places will be selling the same thing, made in China. To do it right, I guess we have to go Mopar (4-door Cherokee) or go custom.

My body shop guy has been restoring vehicles for over 35 years. He said the C2C rockers had a horrid fit. He also said they were made of quality steel.

Here is a shot of the rockers going on to my 92:

Rumor has it the rockers are finished, but I haven't been by in the last month.

You would probably be money ahead to cut the rockers out of a 4door XJ.

I don't know who makes them, but I bought a set of XJ rockers from JC Whitney some time ago and never used them. I gave them to a friend for his Comanche and he found the same thing -- the new rockers were bent such that the sit too far out at the front.

I'm fairly certain all the discount body parts places will be selling the same thing, made in China. To do it right, I guess we have to go Mopar (4-door Cherokee) or go custom.

Sadly from what CTC says there made in USA with USA steel thing is there bent on a metal brake the china ones on the net are die stamped from old worn out dies I am sure. I have a cherokee to do soon and this time I going to try the die stamped china ones.

Mopar would be the way to go for sure can't imagine what they cost.

You would probably be money ahead to cut the rockers out of a 4door XJ.

That looks nice :thumbsup:

It unfortuate that such a large company like C2C would have such a poor product, good steel or not. I had no luck searching for a "mopar" rocker panel, i don't even know what to search. :dunno: sigh. . I guess I don't have much choice but to go to the junkyard :( .

But i don't see how an XJ rocker will fit an MJ? :huh???:

But i don't see how an XJ rocker will fit an MJ? :huh???:

You use a rocker panel from a 4-door Cherokee and cut off the back end. Needs a bit of massaging behind the doors, at the cab corners, but from the B pillar forward they are the same.