I need some advice on blowby

I have the valve cover off and the two pipes that look like triangle chimney stacks are off. When I took them off, there's a brass looking gasket but there was also something that appeared to be a gasket between the brass piece and the valve cover. It was hard and crumbled. I had to scrape it off with my screwdriver. What was that and does it need to be replaced?

Also, there's already a hole in the tube facing the back. I'll cut the pipe down and clean out the holes already there. I see nothing plastic with a pinhole in it.

I guess you didn't read my write-up real closely. It addresses the gasket issue. Forget about them.

The plastic orifice you're looking for is at the end of the rear CCV line, and it is what fits snugly into the grommet.

YOu're right...totally looked past the gasket statement. I didn't replace them. I'll look again for the pinhole. Got everything else done. Letting it sit for a bit before cranking.

Gonna go have a beer.

I like your work ethic. Like mine.

YOu're right...totally looked past the gasket statement. I didn't replace them. I'll look again for the pinhole. Got everything else done. Letting it sit for a bit before cranking.

Gonna go have a beer.

I like your work ethic. Like mine.

It's all about priorities.

So, the mod posted here seems to have worked. Cut the vent pipes inside the valve cover down about an inch and cleared the little pin hole. Nothing going into my catch can so far.

Awesome! Thanks to everyone for your help.

So, the mod posted here seems to have worked. Cut the vent pipes inside the valve cover down about an inch and cleared the little pin hole. Nothing going into my catch can so far.

So go have a beer. Send any contributions to http://www.cruiserdeservesanIPA.com.

I had several the day I finished. I'll have several this evening after work to celebrate one more day of no oil in my catch can. This will be a daily celebration.

So go have a beer. Send any contributions to http://www.cruiserdeservesanIPA.com.

I had several the day I finished. I'll have several this evening after work to celebrate one more day of no oil in my catch can. This will be a daily celebration.

I love happy endings...........

Cruiser, I would still like to know what's the purpose of cutting off the vent towers. Will the internal flapper valve still work as designed at the same pressures if you do this? Just can't see any reason for doing it..... :dunno:

Cruiser, I would still like to know what's the purpose of cutting off the vent towers. Will the internal flapper valve still work as designed at the same pressures if you do this? Just can't see any reason for doing it..... :dunno:

The flutes were so long that they were sucking up the oil from the top of the head because they stuck down so far and had engine vacuum on them.