tail pipe

Hey guys,

I'm lookin to get a tail pipe bent up at my local muffler shop.

Nothing fancy just a replacement for the non existent one that I have now, I'd like it to come out behind the rear passenger side wheel.

I'm sure some of you have had this type of thing done before, what am I looking at in terms of price/time?

I may also have them stake a look at the rest of the exhaust system while they're under there, anything I should have them check? Its been a bit loud ever since I got it, at first I liked it but it got old really fast as this is my daily driver.

I have no experience at all with exhausts, mufflers, cats or anything so any advice you have will be appreciated so I can keep them honest.

As far as I know its the stock setup down there minus the tail pipe. Truck info in sig.

Thanks!

comanche.gif

In my area they're able to replace cat back in under an hour, but that's if they're not too busy. Usually you've got 2-3 jobs ahead of you when you arrive. If you're wanting some sort of special muffler i'd make sure they have it in stock if you're wanting to get it done in one trip, otherwise you could go in have them throw up in air and give you options then they'll order the muffler and or cat if need.

Cost, well that's going to depend on where your break is, if the muffler is bad, if you want a patch or a full replacement. I'd expect anywhere from $50 to 250 for a muffler and tail pipe fix. But the range is huge because there's ton of options and things that could need fixed/repaired.

If your cats bad/ rusted etc that's 120 alone for the cat. a muffler will run 50-150 depending on brand and desired dB.

The headers are common to break up by the intake manifold, other then that it's just looking for cracks and breaks in the pipe that may need replaced or simply patched.

Hey guys,

I'm lookin to get a tail pipe bent up at my local muffler shop.

Nothing fancy just a replacement for the non existent one that I have now, I'd like it to come out behind the rear passenger side wheel.

I'm sure some of you have had this type of thing done before, what am I looking at in terms of price/time?

Why have it custom bent? That's the stock exit location -- just buy an OEM replacement from Auto Zone.

Why have it custom bent? That's the stock exit location -- just buy an OEM replacement from Auto Zone.

You know I hadn't considered that, I may grab one of those, though I will still need to take it somewhere to be installed and have everything else looked over.

Thanks for replies. :waving: