Body Prep

Well, I'm tried of pouring over the internet and am more confused as ever. So, I'm turning to my friendly CC community for advice. I'm going to paint my truck and epoxy primer seems like a great idea given the millions of small rust spots that I have to take to bare metal. I don't know what paint I'm going with and I really don't want to primer again over the epoxy and I'm worried about compatibility. Any advise?

I am sort of the same boat, from what I gather first step would be the epoxy/etch primer then complete all the body work. Second step would be a sealer primer then base coat, then clear(if using base/clear).

Thats the way I always do it. I strip the paint that needs to be stripped and then sand the rest. Spray epoxy over that, do the bodywork needed and then usually use a surface primer on top of that, next is a thinned down epoxy primer to use as a sealer and then paint over that.

The big question is are you the one thats going to paint it or are you going to do the prep work then have someone pai t it for you? If its the earlier option then either an epoxy or high quality high build primer would be good, but you could ask the person working the paint store which they recommend for the paint that you would be using. If you will be having someo e paint it for you ask them what primer they want you to use to prevent having to re-primer it.