Door Check Setup Replacement?

Decided to investigate why the little cotter pin keeps popping up in between the hinges on the drivers side door. I thought it was just worn out, but I also discovered that the assembly is missing a bolt entirely, and that the dumb $#!& PO ripped through the metal trying to "fix it"; instead, he gave up and left it hanging on by a bolt.

Here's what I'm talking about; At first, I thought I would just go get a couple of these pins... But upon further investigating, I found this. You can see the bottom hole is completely destroyed, why, I have no idea.

Is there a way to repair the bottom hole so I can get this thing to stop poppin' and creakin'? Or am I going to have to get a new door that isn't mangled? It seems that the more I investigate into things, the more I find that I have to replace or fix :ack: rolleyes.gif

It's hasn't ever really bothered me, especially since I threw on some WL Grease on it; and every now and then I just hammer the pin back down. I was thinking about just replacing the pin with a nut and bolt setup anyway, but I figured I'd see if it was worth repairing.

Looks like maybe just a bolt broke on it but if its snapping and poping its shot. Make sure you get 97+ Cherokee one there made allot better and are a direct fit as long as its the front door the rear is different. However the rear pins and body side brackets are the same. I like to get them from the passenger side they have less ware than from the drivers side and interchange.