87 2,5 to 4,0

87 mj 2,5 to 4.0

Found a 89 xj for 200.00 does not run at present time. Thinking of using it for a engine swap. I do not know what a renix etc is .

Would the 89 drive train be a good candidate for this ?

Also I do not know as to why . The drivers door ( left ) does not have a key hole cut for it . Was this for ????? And this is a factory door.

And as for the engine swap it would be a daily driver , Should I change the camshaft over to a other than stock . Little more hp would be nice . Just do not want to kill mpg at the same time.

Will be going with a simple 3 inch lift on the MJ

In this case, Renix is the name applied to the early years of engine electronics (86-90) with the later years being Chrysler.

To get a 4.0 swap going you will essentially need a complete 4.0 donor MJ/XJ as the 2 powerplants share very little. but you won't be restricted to the old years. you can pick any year XJ/MJ and swap the entire thing in. Plenty of guys have done it.

more HP usually equals less MPG. I like the Renix system, but you'll have to undo the harness from the XJ and swap ALL of it (including under the dash where the computer lives) for it to work. I don't know if the connector for the tail lights is compatible. Your 2.5L TBI is already Renix. 4 cyl axles will give you a good ratio for putting on taller tires and still getting 17 mpg or so.