SOA 8.8

Swapping in a Ford 8.8 that was in my XJ. I'm tring to figure out how much lift it will give me so I can try to match the front lift. I've researched and some guys say 4.5" and others say 6". Has anyone done this swap?

Shoot I didn't word that well. Alright the 8.8 was set up for an XJ. I will be swapping the axle into my Comanche. After I re-weld the spring perches and shock mounts. My MJ is currently stock I am asking how much lift this will give the back of the truck.

Shoot I didn't word that well. Alright the 8.8 was set up for an XJ. I will be swapping the axle into my Comanche. After I re-weld the spring perches and shock mounts. My MJ is currently stock I am asking how much lift this will give the back of the truck.

Variable. Take measurements before and after then use those to determine how much you need for the front. It sucks having to wait for the front springs, but it is better than guessing and being off by an inch.

Thats what I figured I would need to do I'm considering picking up a set of ACO's so I can dial it perfectly. But I still would like a ballpark because that will determine if I get 3" or 4.5" coils.

Most hit right in the 5.5" range when doing it with a D35 axle. D44 and 8.8 will have larger axle tubes resulting in more lift.