Another new MJ owner

Hey everybody,

I recently turned 16 and as a result of me getting my driver's license, I recieved this truck as my first vehicle:

20120612134851.jpg

Hardly a speck of rust on the thing, and the floor pans seem to be in good shape. It's been in the family since it was new - it was purchased by my grandparents new in Dickson, TN and it's only (thankfully) been up North a few times. I love Jeeps and I love to work on automobiles, and I hope to keep it forever.

I do have a question: How many trucks were made with this style of 'SporTruck' decal? There seems to be quite a few with early SporTruck decals but I have only seen a few with this style and none in the same paint color.

Thanks a bunch.

Good looking Sportruck. It must be a 91 model, as Orange Red/Dark Silver was one of two decal color combos for the 1991 model Sportruck trim, it's last year. The other color combo was Blue/Silver.

And your base color, dark silver metallic, was only available in the 91-92 MJ models. :cheers:

Paint color looks to be the same as mine. Yours has a bit less sun damage though. :thumbsup:

You sure about that Don??? Looks really close to me. Mines sterling metallic with charcoal metallic rockers and flares.

You sure about that Don??? Looks really close to me. Mines sterling metallic with charcoal metallic rockers and flares.

Yep, I think you are right. I put up pics with mine side-by-side, and the Sportruck is considerably lighter. If Minuit lets us know the paint code we'd know for sure. :D

Look on the stamped steel plate on the drivers side firewall. The #5 - #8 digits (reading left to right) on the 2nd line of the plate is the primary paint code. It's usually two letters and a digit i.e. my paint code is PS2.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

X X X X P S 2

The paint code on the ID plate is PAC. My limited research has led me to believe the color is Silver Star Metallic.

Also, the ID plate doesn't match the pattern you posted. I took a picture of my plate a while back and I'll post it as soon as I get to my computer.

Thanks a whole lot for the comments, everyone! jamminz.gif

Yep, I think you are right. I put up pics with mine side-by-side, and the Sportruck is considerably lighter. If Minuit lets us know the paint code we'd know for sure. :D

Look on the stamped steel plate on the drivers side firewall. The #5 - #8 digits (reading left to right) on the 2nd line of the plate is the primary paint code. It's usually two letters and a digit i.e. my paint code is PS2.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

X X X X P S 2

$5 says its the same as mine. :cheers: :rotfl2:

20120613124242.jpg

This is the ID plate on my firewall. On the writeup I saw, the color code is supposed to be the second group of letters in the third row. Plugging this code into google gave me the color of Silver Star Metallic.

P.S. How do I remove the tailgate handle? Are the 3 Torx bolts on the back of the tailgate all that attaches it?

Thanks a whole bunch.