Long legggggeeed MAMA install

Been drinking some cold Coors lights all night and spraying PB Blast all over the header and intake of this thing all night so I can hopefully start getting this busted exhaust manifold off and put on this new looonnng leeeegggeeeddd mama and some new iron man motor mounts too. Then its getting towed to the exhaust shop and getting a 2.5 inch high flow cat and 2.5 inch magnaflow put on.

Image Not Found

Nice lookin' rig!! Like the front bumper!! If you're looking to really get some sound out of your MJ you might consider this.... use a 4" bodied, 2.5" in and out, 18" long generic glass pack instead of the MagnaFlow. A lot cheaper to help cover the cost of the next suggestion. If your muffler shop can do it put 3" pipe from the rear bumper for 30-36" if there's room. That will help give it a deep throaty sound. Here's a link to a short video of my '89 MJ, 18" glass pack and dual 3.5" stacks. The stacks are just 30" long. See what ya think. Have fun and enjoy which ever way you decide to go!!

Later,

Larry

Image Not Found

Just be sure that the unions at the "Y" are tight! I've got the same header on mine only ceramic coated and just about every other time I crawl under it to change oil I have to work the pipes back together and tighten the clamps again. I suppose that's partly my fault for not putting a decent clamp on them. See if you can find some good band clamps while you have everything out of the way and throw away the exhaust clamps that come with it. Good luck!

Image Not Found

Just be sure that the unions at the "Y" are tight! I've got the same header on mine only ceramic coated and just about every other time I crawl under it to change oil I have to work the pipes back together and tighten the clamps again. I suppose that's partly my fault for not putting a decent clamp on them. See if you can find some good band clamps while you have everything out of the way and throw away the exhaust clamps that come with it. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. What did you do for

The egr tube?

What did you do for the egr tube?

I just cut it in half and welded it back together with a sleeve. Don't try and bend it around to make it fit... it'll only kink.

I don't have access to a welder. Also my egr tube is shot. Its rusted to hell. And it looks like a port on the header for it to go into but it is plugged?

I have also heard of people cutting off the egr tube and capping it. would it create any problems if I did this?

Nice lookin' rig!! Like the front bumper!! If you're looking to really get some sound out of your MJ you might consider this.... use a 4" bodied, 2.5" in and out, 18" long generic glass pack instead of the MagnaFlow. A lot cheaper to help cover the cost of the next suggestion. If your muffler shop can do it put 3" pipe from the rear bumper for 30-36" if there's room. That will help give it a deep throaty sound. Here's a link to a short video of my '89 MJ, 18" glass pack and dual 3.5" stacks. The stacks are just 30" long. See what ya think. Have fun and enjoy which ever way you decide to go!!

Stacks?! Really.

When I got my new exhaust bent up, I threw a Dynamax Race Billet muffler on it and love the way it sounds. I have 2.5's going to 3" on a V8 though. The muffler is a 3" in/out and 23.5" long.

xjrev10.... yeah... it's just an old guy makin' an old dream come true again! Had an old D50 diesel 4x4 with a single stack. Was really great to bury tailgaters on interstate on ramps in diesel smoke!!!!! :yes:

Larry

xjrev10.... yeah... it's just an old guy makin' an old dream come true again! Had an old D50 diesel 4x4 with a single stack. Was really great to bury tailgaters on interstate on ramps in diesel smoke!!!!! :yes:

Larry

Ok your safe from more harressment with a perfectly acceptable in my eyes explaination. :bowdown:

Have a pic of D50 dizzle by chance? :drool:

(the only reason i would like it cuz its a dizzle :rotfl2: )

xjrev10.... Thank you for the reprieve!!!! :bowdown: Unfortunately I don't have any pix of either one of the D50 diesels I had. Best I've got is a pix of the 2nd one's tailgate cuz it was actually a pix of my Maine Coon cat Thomas!! Hmmmm... that was back in the days before digital cameras.... I'll have to dig out the old dusty hard copy ones and see what I've got! Actually have my eye on another one right now!! Would love to have another to run around in and also to play with the engine. I've found a lot of aftermarket stuff for it recently. Yeah yeah... another dream I know!! :rotfl2:

Larry